Background

Monday, October 18, 2010

What's coming up next ...

Hi all! I just noticed that I let a whole month go by without posting ANYTHING! That's never a good thing in the life of a crafter! But, I have been very busy. With moving and then working part time at my daughter's school (teaching PE ... being outside all day is very draining! I need to take a nap when I get home! LOL). But I wanted to give you all a little heads up on things to look forward to in the coming month.

Mini Paper Bag Album:
All my friend Lynn had to say to me was "Hey, do you know how to make a mini album?" and I was hooked!!! My daughter's teacher's son is either turning one or just turned one so I decided to make her a mini album to put all her photos in. So far, it's pretty bare, but I'm working on it a little each day.

Haunted House Cake:
My daughter's school is holding a Halloween Carnival on the 29th and each class is tasked with putting together a themed basket for raffle (we picked "Around the Campfire". The whole class smells like marshmellows!) and also entering a cake for the cake walk. I volunteered to make the cake and have decided (because I'm a glutton for punishment) to make a three tiered haunted house. I spent all day yesterday doing "sugar work" (well, not in the traditional sense of the term ... I was color flowing, but that sounds hokey!). I only got half of what I needed shaped and then I came home after having dinner with family to find tiny kitty footprints all through out the pieces. Lucky, I made extra! Phew!

So, needless to say that there will be lots of pictures of both coming up as they are completed!

Thanks for stopping by! :P

2 comments:

  1. wow kitty prints not a good thing
    I would have been so upset
    You have the patients of a saint thats for sure
    Your haunted house is awesome, I havent even started the photo book
    Guess Im slow on the draw I been cleaning out my house, one room at a time. What a Job, after all those people living here glad its just us now
    Well hugs dear
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn. I made the kitty prints part of the house. I used them as cracks in the windows! :)

    ReplyDelete