Background

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Glass Ornament with Quilled Snowflake

The Ornament
Closeup of the Ornament





Hi all! This is an ornament I made to enter into the Michael's Holiday Craft Contest. We had to use all three of the mystery items which were an ornament, beads, and ribbon. I came up with this concept while I was falling asleep the other night. I basically quilled all the elements of the snowflake outside of the ornament then assembled it piece by piece inside the ornament (like a ship in a bottle). It was a lot of fun to make and my fingers are crossed that it wins something, however, it's up against some stiff competition!

Materials Used:
  • Glass ornament
  • Seed beads in various shades of blue, silver and clear.
  • Acrylic discs decorative accents
  • Alcohol inks in various shades of blue
  • Quilling tools
  • Bright white quilling paper
  • White glue
  • Overhead transparency
  • Ribbon with "lacey" edging (to mimic a snowflake)

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing again you always inspire me
    Thanks what a nice gift this would make
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey MG!

    When I first saw this I did not know how you made it. Way cooool!

    I thought you might like this movie. Just showed it to my students.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1253565/

    Ron

    ReplyDelete