Background

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Explosion Book invitation - Vegas Themed

Okay, so, last year, my most wonderful husband told me that he's sending me and three of my girlfriends to Vegas for an all girls weekend! Of course, I HAD to make something just over the top! The books were made to look like craps dice with "4" on the top and "3" on the bottom. The second picture is the invitation in it's expanded form (yes, it's HUGE!) and the third picture is a close-up of one of the sections. Each book took 5 hours to make and the house was covered in glitter for weeks! Thank goodness I only had to make 4 of these (one for me of course!). Each slide was hand painted and then covered with glitter.

Materials Used:
  • Cardboard
  • White copy paper (to cover the cardboard)
  • Red vellum
  • Circle punch
  • Holographic paper
  • White cardstock
  • Overhead transparencies
  • Various Vegas themed clip art
  • Acrylic paints
  • Glue
  • Black copy paper (this made up the "body" everything was glued too)
  • Martha Stewart Crafts Essential Colors Glitter Set - 24 pack (and every color was used except for Hematite and Onyx)
  • Red ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment